When I saw a bag of frozen frogs in Makro on a recent trip, I had to try them. We have both eaten:
- mammals (e.g. pig, lamb, beef, rabbit)
- fish (mackerel, tuna)
- birds (chicken, ostrich, guillemot)
- crustaceans (malacostraca) (lobster and crab)
- mollusc (squid, octopus, oysters, mussels, clams, scallops)
- reptiles (crocodile)
- marsupials (kangaroo)
- insects (grasshopper, mopane worms)
- an arachnid (scorpions)
But we have never previously had amphibians. We bought the bag of frogs and some vegetables to go with them in a stir fry. I forgot to take a photo of the bag before I did the filleting and threw it out, so take a look at the photo on Richard Barrow’s site.
Here are our frogs’ legs marinating in soy sauce (gluten free, of course).
Next step is to fry them with vegetables and garlic etc.